Achieving a high level of productivity is paramount to any business organization. But its importance becomes more significant in logistics due to a lot of moving parts that could spiral out of control when not managed properly. From fundamental business factors like communication and KPI to more technical aspects like modern logistics technology and procedure standards, there are a lot of aspects that should be taken into consideration when planning for a productive and efficient logistics operations.
To briefly summarize these factors, here are the key takeaways from the infographic below provided by Alba Logistics, which reveals the top five secrets to achieving high productivity in logistics.
- Ensure Efficient Communication. Regular meetings with logistics personnel help fast-track the identification and resolution of any issues which cannot be seen on the macro level perspective.
- Establish Clear Procedure Standards. Having detailed procedure standards ensures compliance to various quality codes and regulations in the industry, resulting in a more efficient operations and satisfied clients.
- Measure What Matters the Most. Setting the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor is crucial to identifying where to focus the resources, and which areas need more improvement, productivity-wise.
- Motivate Your Workforce. When employees feel valued and involved, they will be more motivated to participate and more likely to give their best effort in order to achieve the overall goals of the organization.
- Initiate a Robust Employee Training. This includes creating comprehensive continued learning strategy, investing in eLearning platforms and possibly hiring external training company to train the employees through specialized programs and modules.
To learn more, check out the infographic below.