With over 225 million active users, Yahoo Mail is one of the most popular email platforms. Whether it is about sending and receiving emails or managing contacts, calendars, and scheduling meetings, Yahoo Mail covers them all. However, like other email platforms, instances might occur when Yahoo Mail is not working due to certain reasons. While such issues can be frustrating, you can fix the problem both effectively and quickly if you can identify the root cause behind the issue. Read on to explore why issues like Yahoo not working occur and how you can fix it.
Table of Contents
Is Your Yahoo Mail Not Working? Here’s Why!
Instances might occur when you notice that your Yahoo Mail is not working as a result of which you can’t access any of your emails. To resolve such issues, you should be able to identify the reason behind the issue. While there can be multiple reasons for Yahoo Mail to stop working, the below-mentioned are some of the most common reasons that often trigger the problem:
- Poor or unstable internet connection
- Incompatible or outdated web browser
- Outdated Yahoo Mail app
- Yahoo server is down
- Presence of browser cache files and cookies
- Interference of third-party security program with Yahoo Mail
How Do I Fix Yahoo Mail Problems??
Encountering Yahoo Mail problems could be frustrating, especially when you need urgent access to your emails. Fixing the problems on Yahoo Mail requires you to identify why the issue occurs. Let’s have a look at some of the most common reasons why issues like Yahoo not working occurs and how to fix them:
Poor Or Unstable Internet Connection:
One of the most common reasons behind the improper functioning of Yahoo Mail is a poor internet connection. Irrespective of the website you want to visit, if you don’t have a proper internet connection, you can’t do anything online. Whether you have a desktop computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or iPad, you must ensure that the device you are using is connected to the internet.
Incompatible Or Outdated Web Browser:
If your Yahoo Mail is not working, it might happen that the web browser you are using is either incompatible with Yahoo or it is outdated. To ensure the proper functioning of your Yahoo Mail account, ensure that you are using a compatible and up-to-date web browser. You can use web browsers like Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Opera to use Yahoo Mail.
Outdated Yahoo Mail App:
You can use the Yahoo Mail app on your smart device; however, it is important that the app is an updated one. An outdated Yahoo Mail app on your device can trigger problems in loading Yahoo Mail. You can follow the below-mentioned steps to check and update the Yahoo Mail app:
- Tap on Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Menu icon and locate the sidebar menu.
- Tap on “My apps & games” and locate Yahoo Mail.
- If the ‘Update’ option is not available, it means that the Yahoo Mail app is already up-to-date.
- If you see the ‘Update’ option next to Yahoo Mail, tap on it and wait until the app is updated.
Yahoo Server Is Down:
Instances might occur when the Yahoo Mail server is down. In such cases, you can’t do anything apart from waiting for the issue to get resolved on its own. To check the status of the Yahoo server, you can visit websites like ‘downdetector.com’ and follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type “www.downdetector.com” in the browser’s address bar and press the Enter key.
- On the ‘downdetector’ home page, locate the search bar at the top and click on it.
- Type “www.yahoomail.com” and press Enter to see the status of the Yahoo server.
Presence Of Browser Cache Files And Cookies:
Over the prolonged use of the internet, cache files and cookies get accumulated in the web browser you’re using. You can delete these files from the browser and check if the issue, Yahoo Mail not working is resolved. For instance, if you are using Chrome, you can remove the cache files and cookies by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the three vertical dots located at the upper-right corner of the Chrome window.
- Click on ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- On the left-hand panel, click on “Privacy and security”.
- Under “Privacy and security”, click on “Clear browsing data”.
- Select a time range and check mark all three options.
- Click on “Clear data”.
Interference Of Third-Party Security Program With Yahoo Mail:
Instances occur when the third-party security program installed on your computer interferes with Yahoo. As such, issues like Yahoo not receiving emails or Yahoo not working occur. To get rid of this, you can try disabling the security or antivirus program temporarily, and check if the issue of Yahoo Mail is resolved. Once you complete your task on Yahoo, you can turn on the security program later.
What To Do If Yahoo Not Receiving Emails?
If you ever see that your Yahoo Mail account is not receiving any emails, first, ensure that you have a strong and reliable internet connection. Next, check if the email sender is typing the correct email address. If both of these are verified; however, you are still not receiving any emails, follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you are using the Yahoo Mail app, ensure that the app is up-to-date.
- If you are using a web browser, ensure that the browser is up-to-date.
- Try uninstalling and installing the Yahoo Mail app.
- Check if you have blocked an address accidentally. If yes, go to the Security and Privacy section of Yahoo Mail settings, and unblock the email address.
- Check your Junk folders.
- Check if the Yahoo server is down. You can visit websites like ‘downdetactor.com’ to check the status of the Yahoo Mail server.
So, these are some of the most simple, yet effective ways to resolve if Yahoo Mail is not working. Follow them the exact way to resolve Yahoo Mail issues, and ensure continued access to your Yahoo Mail account as ever before.