SEO is one of the fast-paced marketing disciplines. It looked nothing when it started, but today it is giving a tough competition to every online marketing practice. However, the fundamental remains the same: SEO is all about making you rank on the top of Google page.
Making it easy for your prospective clients and customers to find you easily when they browse the Internet. With the way SEO tactics have evolved, 2020 is the year to look forward to.
Briefing About Upcoming 2020 SEO Trends:
SEO is no more about putting Keywords on your webpage. It has turned out to be a completely different ball game. If you are going to use new SEO strategies to improve your SEO next year, you’ll love reading this guide.
To begin with, let’s outline the SEO 2020 trends.
- Visual Search will be soaring
- Voice search optimization
- Optimizing for featured snippets
- Video content continues to surge
- Combating on reducing CTRs
- Backlinks remain
Diving Into SEO Updates:
Understand that Google is designed for people and not for online marketers. Since changes are frequent, there have been significant updates in the works of SEO, and it has and will be changing as per consumer behavior changes. Most of these SEO updates are so slight that they go completely unnoticed. However, we have tried to include the best of all:
- Secure websites are must thing now
- Mobile UX will determine the page rankings
- Videos will be treated as a source of information
- Dwell time will be an important factor to consider
- High-quality informative content
- Content length will matter
- AI will be the new norm
Latest SEO Trends For 2020
2020 is just a few days away. Things are going to change in a big way and for good. But, if you are not preparing now, you are going to miss the boat.
The biggest change in the Internet world this time is in SEO industry.
Optimize Website With Voice search:
With the growing use of mobile devices, voice searches are becoming a popular trend among internet users.
Voice SEO is the optimization of the keyword phrases and keywords that are widely used for searching using VOICE ASSISTANTS.
Knowing how to optimize your business website by using Voice Search SEO techniques can tremendously help you in generating more organic web traffic.
How To Optimize For Voice Search?
There are five ways you can Voice SEO Optimize your business:
- You can optimize your business listings. Ensure that you have the correct name, address and contact details, which are easy to find through voice search. It is important to keep your business listing data updated and accurate.
- Focusing on the questions asked by the consumers. The people who are engaging do not say keywords. They ask questions. You need to get the clue from those questions knowing which keywords can hit right on the spot for you.
- Choose conversation keywords. Keywords are no longer keywords; they have become conversational phrases. The voice search keyword strategy must be more natural, organic and easy words, like how real people talk.
- Using structured data, markup helps in giving these voice search devices better information about your content and website. Structured markup data defines specific information which makes it easy for Google to phrase your content accurately
- Test it. Your voice search is new; hence, it requires frequent testing to make sure everything is alright. Test it on different devices such as Alexa, Google Assistant, Smart speakers, Siri, etc. Know what results are generated and accordingly make changes.
Score Well On Google By Optimizing For Local Search:
75% of the businesses believe that the new customers and clients have found them through local search. Local Search SEO will be an upcoming 2020 trend. It is a hot topic for Google, which makes sense.
It’s very natural to look for the things that are physically reachable by us. Local search tends to boost your business if it is done in the right way. Optimize your website and other relevant pages, social media accounts for your customer’s browsing pleasure. Let your business listed on the first page of Google.
How To Optimize For Local Search?
- Start by optimizing your homepage. Your website homepage should mention your name, address and contact details. If possible, provide landmarks. Make it easy for Google to understand and help people find you.
- Optimizing metadata is another important factor. If you are focusing on optimizing for local SEO, ensure that your page title tags include the name of the city and the product or service you offer
- Create page for every service and product. This is the best SEO practice, as it helps in providing a more clear sitemap to Google and helps your services and products to rank ahead because of the specific offerings. It opens the door to the end number of business opportunities.
- Claim your “Google My Business Page” is crucial. Claiming your business listing and filling out necessary details is essential to your local SEO listing, especially for your Local search and SERP results. Try using primary and LSI keywords wherever you can when filling out content as this doubles your chances of getting noticed.
- Work on improving your reviews. When Google is trying to give out your results to the readers, it is going to look at a number of factors and among all ratings/reviews on Google from yelp, Facebook and Yelp are going to play a crucial part in your local search.
Visual Search optimization means optimizing images instead of text/content. Usually, the images are scanned with artificial intelligence to bring results or searched for similar products.
According to a recent survey, 88% of information is transmitted to the human brain is through visuals and graphics. When we are browsing, it is very obvious that our eyes immediately connect with the visuals first compared to text.
Companies like Bing, Amazon, Pinterest, and Google are the top visual search platforms today.
It is very efficient if you are into fashion or consumer products business wherein you can visually search optimize while listing on such platforms.
How To Optimize For Visual Search?
- Adding descriptive alt-text to the images with the nearest matching relevant keywords along with the SEO rich content can help boost rankings.
- You need to submit the images in the sitemaps as well, which will help the crawlers to access them.
- Apply schema markup to your images to have a better understanding of the image along with the SEO rich product content.
- Optimizing all the image alt tags, titles, and file names so that they appear on the Google searches
- Using only high-quality images as they must be interpreted correctly
- Optimizing the right image size so that they load, and download easily
78% of Internet users only visit the first page of Google when performing a search query. Isn’t the motive enough to optimize your website and achieve the first rankings? Appearing in the first ten results boosts not only the possibilities of impacting your business goals in a positive way but also enhances your brand.
Preparing for the future SEO strategies may seem tough, but we hope that this article has given you some amazing effective tips and strategies to face 2020 with confidence. At Saffron Edge, we believe that implementing a data-driven approach to your digital marketing techniques can not only attract visitors through SEO but converts them into potential clients so that you can delight them for years to come.
If you still have questions and need help with SEO services, speak to one of our SEO experts today.