Quality is an important factor and an essential attribute that plays a vital role in the present competitive market. Any organization should have a relevant system in place to make sure quality analysis is promoted and defects are eliminated to achieve the desired outcome. These are the methodologies encompassed by the Six Sigma program for generating substantial success for the organization.
Over the years, the Six Sigma certification has evolved along with its training. The certification course encourages professionals to attain the necessary skills for their job. Every skill has its advantage and there is some outcome from it. Hence, the Six Sigma course helps professionals progress in their quality management career. Six Sigma has five levels and it is the Green Belt that improves the quality factor dealing with process management or manufacturing in an organization.
Six Sigma certification offers numerous benefits, both for an organization and an individual. Understanding what the Green Belt is and what it offers is important to realize how helpful it is.
What Is The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification course gives participants an introduction to methods and tools that are important for participating in DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control) improvement projects. The basic structure of DMAIC is the main focus of this course. Through this certification course, professionals learn how to identify problems and eradicate them by implementing proper solutions.
Who Is It Meant For?
The process of Six Sigma is people-driven. The performance level of a Six Sigma project tends to be based on the expertise, commitment, and persistence of the individual team members. When it comes to roles that contribute to a project, Black Belt roles for deploying the project are usually more emphasized. However, for improving the performance of the project, a critical role is also played by the Green Belts in process improvement.
A Green Belt is a skilled professional and a team player who aims at improving process quality. They are ones who help in bridging the gap between the theory of Six Sigma and its real-world application. Green Belt certified professionals play an important role in improving the process, project management, or data inspection. The training involved to earn the certification teaches candidates about the basic tools a project team uses. And how DMAIC skills can be applied to a Six Sigma project.
Is It Suitable For You?
Green Belt certification is suitable for individuals with an interest in terminologies like waste reduction and continuous improvement and work experience in any business or supply chain management. Through the certification course, professionals can improve their proficiency in the subject matter, which makes them more desirable to employers and can earn them higher salaries. The certification is for professionals with the responsibility of controlling costs, contributing to better results, and improving outputs.
What Are The Prerequisites?
To earn the Green Belt certification, professionals are required to have full-time employment experience of 3-4 years. Part-time job experience and internship in projects are not considered. Apart from the experience prerequisite, to become a successful Green Belt professional, you need to have the following qualities:
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Leadership skills
- Passion to improve
How Does Six Sigma Help The Candidates?
- Opportunities to advance your career with Six Sigma: When you undergo a well-structured Green belt course, you can attain expertise in different areas like problem-solving, strategic approach, handling complex processes, etc. You can use these skills not only to help your organization but also with your day to day interactions. With a Six Sigma certification under your belt, your self-confidence is boosted and you become more capable in handling critical components of a project. This eventually leads to salary increments and promotions.
- Understanding Six Sigma tools and techniques and how to utilize it: This advantage itself is the most important objective of the Six Sigma course. Through Six Sigma tools, professionals in quality management can map the processes by identifying areas that need improvement. Regardless of where you stand in your career, this objective remains constant to the organization. These tools and techniques will help you throughout your career.
- Learning strategic processes from Six Sigma training: With the right application of the strategic approach, professionals can complete manufacturing processes and complicated problems in quick time, thus improving general efficiency. With training in Six Sigma, you can get involved in complex aspects of a project with thorough professionalism. Six Sigma methods also help recognize problems pre-eminently, thus allowing for prevention at an early stage and saving the cost of possible failures.
- Gaining an advantage in the competitive market: With a Six Sigma Green Belt certification, you get recognition for your area of expertise. Your work gets valued more and you can demand the right proposition for it. The methodologies of Six Sigma can be applied in various industries like marketing, advertising, manufacturing, etc. As such, there is a huge demand in the market for Green Belt certified professionals.
How Does Six Sigma Help The Organization?
- Reduction of costs: A lot of the companies focus mainly on recruiting Green Belt certified professionals, particularly for the management of quality, process handling, and testing. Certified professionals are known to incorporate the best strategies, avoid problems at an early stage, improve profitability, increase sales, provide valuable customer feedback, and more. This results in savings for the organization, which is why they value Green Belts so much.
- Customer satisfaction: Among the different levels of Six Sigma, it is the Green Belt that focuses a lot on the customers. With reduced costs, improved quality and customer satisfaction, higher sales results. During your Green Belt certification training, you will learn how to look at the customer perspective before implementing sales or manufacturing processes.
Hence, Six Sigma is helpful to employers as well as the employees. An individual would always want the best for their careers and a company would always want to hire the best candidates. Six Sigma helps both in this regard.