India, the seventh largest and the fastest growing economy of the World. Its culture, heritage, and its economy attract millions of people around the globe. That’s the reason why millions of people visit India daily from different corners of the world for various purposes.
Are you also planning to visit India? No matter what you are coming for, you only need to have a Visa with proper documents mainly a Passport. You might be thinking that obtaining an Indian Visa may be a long time and crucial process, but that’s not the case with India. You can have an Indian Visa without any office dizziness just by applying it online through the official website. So, in this article, we will dive deep to know the procedure and eligibility to obtain an Indian e-Visa.
Eligibility And Validity:
To obtain an Indian e visa one should fulfill a few basic requirements listed here to get eligible for an Indian e Visa.
- A passport with at least 6 months of validity from the arrival date in India, also it must have at least 2 blank pages.
- A recent passport size scanned image.
- You should visit India with the same passport with which you had applied for.
- An Indian e-Visa is valid for 120 days from the date of issue.
- With an e Visa, you can stay in India for a maximum period of 60 days.
- Since Indian e-Visa works on a double-entry scheme, means you can have an e visa for a maximum 2 times within a year.
If you are eligible for the Indian e-Visa, probably the next question may arise in your mind that How to apply for an Indian e-Visa? Don’t worry, here we had laid the simple steps to which you can follow to fill the form for an Indian e-Visa.
- Step 1: Visit the Apply e Visa section of this website.
- Step 2: Choose your Applicant Type either Normal Processing or Urgent Processing.
- Step 3: Fill your Personal details like your Name, DOB, Tel number and your Email ID, after that select your Passport Type and enter your Passport Number.
- Step 4: Select your Nationality from where you belong.
- Step 5: Select the Port of Arrival from the drop-down list, where you are planning to arrive in India.
- Step 6: Choose the Expected Date of Arrival when you are planning to visit India. Next, select your Visa Type and then enter the access code provided on the bottom of the form and then proceed further. After the successful completion of the first step of the form filling, you will receive an email on your registered email id with Temporary Application ID to which you have to enter in the next step to proceed further.
- Step 7: Proceed to Amend or Complete Partially Filled Form section of this website and then enter your Temporary Application ID and access code to fill your form further.
- Step 8: Upload your scanned photograph and scanned Biometric page of your Passport, and additional document, depending upon your visa type, and then review your application.
- Step 9: Make Payment for your e visa through any online mode of payment. After successful payment, you will receive a confirmation email for your e visa
Done! You have successfully applied for an Indian e-Visa. Now, you can expect your e-Visa delivery on your email within 4-5 days depending on the type of Visa you had applied for. Now, you can easily visit India with your e-Visa.