We all know that content is king. Given that you have an original content, what then? Assuming that what you have are creative content, interactive content, and marketable content, what should be done with those materials now? So, overall, where are these content headed?
Before we can proceed with the effective ways of content marketing, let us first know the different types of materials where we can write the stories of our brand, company, and Unique Selling proposition. These are the so-called marketing collateral that needs to be properly played on for a significant return of investment. Types include:
- Blog posts
- Guest blog posts
- Email newsletters
- PowerPoint presentations
- Standard videos
- Micro-videos (ie, Vine)
- Social media posts
- Live presentations
- White papers
Recall that none of this content will prove useful if they are just posted somewhere else and is left behind to do the marketing on its own. Allow the content to live for some time. Let it do what it was made for.
Ways To Get The Most Out Of Your Articles:
The classical way of marketing content includes the usualy submission. Remember, however, that hitting PUBLISH or clicking that SEND button is not the end of the story of each of these content type. Make the most out of your content by making sure that it is seen by almost everybody. Here are more advanced content marketing tips for both techie and beginners which are applicable to almost all content types:
- Share and re-share to social media. Social media networking sites offer the fastest turnaround of ideas and content. Not to mention the greatest number of audience and potential market. So share again and again and again.
- Submit to content communities. These communities are proven useful for online multimedia materials. Popular communities include YouTube, Flickr, and SlideShare.
- Create 20+ snippets for easy sharing. These are your chicklets for sharing your on-site content. Make them as enticing as you can. Somehow they have the psychological effect on every reader or viewer that sharing is loving.
- Design an Instagram tip. Now this is something that calls for the most creative mind. Your prerequisite: catchy, attractive, and effective.
- Build a series of guest posts. If trilogies and sequels are famous in movies, a series of posts would be loved by many of your readers. Just make sure that every next post is something to look forward to.
- Post to Quora. Questions are always one of the many attractive ways to solicit exchange of ideas. For this strategy, what can be better than Quora? Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are created, answered, edited and organized
- Post to LinkedIn. Get acquainted with some of the legit men and women from bigger companies through LinkedIn. Post regularly at LinkedIn and realize the unlimited potentials of your business.
- Post to Medium. Accurate targeting of appropriate and suitable market is spelled by blogs. Go to Medium, a blog publishing platform to market your site and blog.
- Create an infographic. That simply means creative combination of text and images to shout to the whole world what are you trying to promote. Infographics are perfect for any promotional site or venue. So create as many as you can in a very timely manner.
- Create an instructographic. Tips and how to’s are more share-able than FYIs. So tell the people what they ought to do or how things are supposed to be done; rather than telling them what they should know.
- Put together a presentation. Text tips and FYIs are too wordy to the point that they get too boring. Use Slideshare and create a presentation. Turn your insightful meetings into a webinar.
- Build a daily email series or email course. Be careful not to spam, though. So make sure you have valid email lists and be ready for any consequence.
- Design an ebook. With the advent of technologies and with people being always on the go, convert your materials into something mobile-ready and user-friendly. An e-book about your product lines, company story, or anything similar to that, would be perfect!
- Share content as a pdf. Quite heavy, yes. But for your security, PDF files are the safest option. Anyway, you can always allow or disallow conversion of your PDF file into a downloadable file.
- Record a podcast. Share if you want to be shared. Give and take. Act so you can solicit reaction.
- Make a video. It’s always better to just watch than to strain your eyes on reading texts. Images are more captivating than text. How much more videos?
- Take a unique PPC route with Outbrain. If you want to engage your audience into being acquainted with top rank publisher sites, then Outbrain is the perfect strategy for you.
- Contact sources and influencers directly. This is why emails should be categorized into general audience or VIPs and are customized according to the projected recipient or prospects or outcome of the email.
- Tie events into your content marketing plan. Inivite as many as you can and build relationships with key influencers, competitor analysts, and the likes.
At this time, these are the predominant content strategies. These are still considered more advanced tips although some of these have already worked in the past.