Marketers are often confused between picking Search Engine Optimization (SEO) or Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising. While both the strategies work differently, their final goal is the same. Both strategies can help you improve the visibility of your business. Of course, both strategies also have their own advantages and disadvantages.
Before you choose the best strategy for you, make sure you understand how both strategies work. Here is a short explanation:
Advantages Of SEO:
- Increases credibility and authority of businesses.
- It can also help in increasing overall brand awareness.
- It’s a long-term strategy. SEO can help you bring sustainable traffic to your website.
- 82% of marketers agree that the effectiveness of SEO is on the rise.
- SEO brings in over 25% of organic searches for a keyword.
- When compared to PPC, SEO can bring in 15X more clicks.
- SEO is cost-effective.
- SEO can give you an edge over your competitors.
Advantages Of PPC:
- PPC offers quick results.
- For ever $1.60 spent on Google Ads, brands can make $3 through PPC.
- PPC can provide traffic that is highly targeted which allows business to reach out to particular consumer groups.
- PPC provides easy scalability. All you need to do to scale up is bid higher. This will make your ads more prominent.
- In buyer-oriented campaigns, PPC can help in targeting commercial keywords. This, in turn, can increase conversions.
- Using PPC, you can increase brand awareness by 80%.
- 40% of brands plan said that they planned to increase their PPC budgets in 2019.
SEO vs PPC – Final Verdict:
SEO and PPC are both effective strategies that can help brands in increasing their awareness and visibility. While SEO provides long-term results, PPC is for those who are looking for quick results.
The best way to grow your business is to integrate both of these strategies into your marketing campaigns. After all, both strategies can help you increase your credibility and boost traffic.
In fact, both these strategies are complementary. You can use the data from PPC conversions to strengthen your SEO efforts. At the same time, you can also showcase your PPC ads on your website.
SEO and PPC aren’t mutually exclusive. You can combine both the strategies to get the most out of your marketing campaign. If you want to learn more about SEO and PPC, check out this infographic by SpyFu.
This Infograph is shared here after legal permission from SpyFU