Today every type of business makes use of applications; apps have been a necessity now. Whether it is an eCommerce business, financial business, carpooling, you just take the name, you will find an application for it. They have become an important business tool. Apps are being used more than apps. Thus, investing in the business application is the best investment that you can make. But, companies face major confusion while building apps and that is – whether they should use Hybrid mobile apps or native mobile apps.
Building an application for business provides many benefits which you cannot get just through websites. Apps can provide notifications to the users, mobile apps also increase customer retention. The major app development platforms are Android and iOS.
As we discussed earlier, businesses get confused between hybrid and native apps. So, in this article, we will give you full information about both types of app. This will give you an idea about which app you should choose.
Native applications are the program that is conditioned to work with a particular platform. If you code an application for android then it will not work with iOS and vice-versa. Native mobile applications use specific guidelines to improve user experience. Native applications are to build separately for both platforms – iOS and Android. Therefore, it takes more time & money.
Benefits Of Native Apps:
- Enhanced performance: Whenever an application is coded for a specific operating system it delivers good performance. This is possible due to better memory & storage optimization. Also, users can update these apps very easily.
- Improved user experience: User experience is the most important thing. Also, native applications can utilize offline mode capabilities. These all things improve the experience of the user.
- Better Functionality: With Native apps, you can access the latest features as soon as they are introduced, and thus the developers can easily integrate them.
- Personalization: The native apps can be totally customized according to your needs. They can also help you to adjust the layouts.
- Strong Security: Native apps make full use of the hardware. As a result, consumers will get strong data security. If you want to develop an app on the Android platform, then you can Hire Dedicated Android Developers to make your work fast and easy.
Limitations Of Native Apps
- High-cost: The cost of building native apps may be very high. You will require experience and expert developers that will charge high.
- Complicated: Native apps have various codebases since each device will have its own version of the app, i.e., in the case of Android, the coding will be different, and in the case of iOS, the coding will be different.
- Time-consuming: As the native apps are to be developed differently for both platforms, the time will also be consumed more.
Hybrid apps have cross-platform properties, unlike native apps that are developed only for a specific platform. Thus, developers need to make just a single app and it will run on both platforms. Hire Android Developer for getting your app developed fast and with expertise.
Benefits Of Hybrid Apps:
- Accessible on a Variety of Platforms: As we said above, hybrid apps can run on both Android and iOS, which is a very good benefit because the developers do not need to develop different apps for different platforms.
- Cost-effective: As only a single app has to be built for multiple platforms, the cost of developing the hybrid apps also decreases.
- Easy maintenance: Because there is only one base code, updating and maintaining the software is simple.
- Saves time: Hybrid app developers only have to work on a single program as a single program will run on both platforms. If you want, you can Hire Dedicated Android Developers from an IT company. He/she will only work for you and pay full concentration just on your projects.
Limitations Of Hybrid Apps:
- Requirement of high-speed internet connection: As hybrid applications are built on a basis similar to that of Web apps, they require a constant network connection to function properly.
- Inadequate User Interface: As the interface of the hybrid apps needs to be suitable for both platforms, many functions are compromised.
- Involvement of a Native App Developer – Many functionality difficulties in hybrid mobile apps necessitate the assistance of a native app developer.
So, this is all about Native apps and Hybrid apps. Both of the systems have their advantages and limitations. You can develop Native apps which deliver a good user experience and responsiveness by paying a little extra cost. You can also go with Hybrid mobile apps where the cost may be less but complexity may be a little more. So, both types of apps have their own unique features, advantages as well as limitations but both of them are very good. Now, you need to decide which app will be suitable for your business.