In order to maintain their growth and competitiveness, many businesses today have resorted to entering the import and export industry for the hopes of either saving expenses or reaching a greater number of consumers abroad. This leads to the rise of freight shipping, which could often become a topic of concern among many entrepreneurs due to its affordability.
Shipping fees tend to be quite expensive, making such service to be seemingly exclusive to other bigger companies. However, freight shipping is, in reality, can be availed by smaller companies. All they have to do is to be practical and apply some ways to keep their bills to a minimum. It might not be an easy task at first, but over time, saving money in freight shipping can be turned into a necessity that can further direct business to its primary goal, which is to gain profit.
Below are some of the most effective ways of spending less on a freight shipping service:
- Choose the most appropriate carrier – There are multiple types of carriers based on the mode of transportation: air, trucking, rail, and ocean vessel.
- Scour the leading carrier companies and compare their services – It’s time for you to ask for each company’s quote and see which service fits you the best (especially your budget).
- Be mindful of your packaging materials – Your packaging is very crucial as it might add or reduce the weight and size of your shipment, which affects your fees.
- Learn to consolidate your shipment – Keeping your shipment into one whole cargo is a more economical option than sending over multiple boxes.
- Seek the help of an experienced freight forwarder – Freight forwarder is an expert in logistics that can help you make accurate decisions in the aforementioned methods.
Trying each of these methods can almost guarantee that you can significantly reduce your expenses, which can ultimately lead to more profits without compromising other aspects of your business, such as customer service. If you want to find out more about these methods, you can head over to the infographic below brought to you by Excelsior Worldwide Freight Logistics Corp.
This Infograph is shared here after legal permission from Excelsior Worldwide Freight Logistics Corp