Nokia has always lived up to the expectations of the customers with its reliability, simplicity, innovative products, long-lasting quality, and economical prices. In 2017, Nokia is all prepared to launch its new smart phone devices, among whom the most awaited is the android smart phone Nokia C1. Nokia C1 is Nokia’s first smart phone after its comeback in the global market in 2016. The Nokia C1 smart phone is all set to be launched in two versions differing on the basis of size and a few specifications.
Let’s take a look at the difference in features and specifications of the larger version and the smaller version first. The larger version will have:
- 5 inch full HD (High Definition) display
- Resolution – 1080×1920 pixels
- 3 GB RAM with 64 GB internal memory
- Camera –
- 13 mega pixel primary camera with auto focus and dual LED flash
- 5 mega pixel secondary/ front camera
- Features-Geo-tagging, Face Detection, HDR, panaroma
The smaller version is expected to have:
- 5 inch full HD display screen
- Resolution- 1280×720 pixels
- 2 GB RAM with 32 GB internal memory
- Camera –
- 8 mega pixel back camera, auto focus with dual LED flash
- 5 mega pixel Selfie/ front camera
Apart from these differences, both the variants will have common specifications:
- Memory expandable up to 128 GB
- Gorilla glass 3 display
- Completely laminated display with zero Air Gap
- IPS LCD capacitive touch screen
- Multi- touch
- 16M colours
- Operating system software- Android OS, v6.0 Marshmallow
- Graphical Processing Unit – Andreno 510
- Chipset- Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652
- CPU- Octa Core processor
- 4*1.8 GHZ CORTEX – A72
- 4*1.4 GHZ CORTEX- A53
- Network –
- HSPA, HSUPA
- HSDPA 850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100
Sound features of the phone will contain:
- 5mm jack
- Vibration alert type
- MP3, supports MP4
- WAV ringtones
Other features will include
- Wireless Wi- Fi
- Bluetooth – A2DP, v4.2
- GPS- with A- GPS, GLONASS
- MicroUSB v2.0
- Battery – powerful with3100mAH, Li- on type
- Colours – white, black, grey, peach
There are still no information about the weight and dimensions of the phone. However, it is expected that the body will be metallic with a new design. And as everybody knows Nokia has always lived up to the expectations of the customers in terms of strong body durability, Nokia C1 is also expected to have same quality.
Speculations about it supporting dual sim are still being made. But if the phone does not have dual sim support that it can cause problem, since most of the smart phones have this option and greatly adds to the convenience of the customers.
Nokia C1 smart phone is expected to be launched in February or March of 2017, but fixed date has not yet been declared. Nokia C1 has so many plus points but delay in its launch and complete information is giving a lot of trouble to the customers who are eagerly waiting for its release. The price for Nokia C1 in India is expected to start from Rs. 12,999 (Approx $192). Nokia C1 is one of its kind smart phones in such affordable price range. Good smart phones usually requires high prices, but Nokia C1 fulfils all the expectation form camera to sound, to display, to processing unit and that too without causing a hole in your pocket.
On the one hand where Nokia C1 seems to be a promising smart phone, on the other hand certain drawbacks might upset the customers:
- The phone has average battery back up
- It is not sure whether it will be dual sim or not
- It has Marshmallow operating system, though it is advanced but the best operating system till date is OS Nougat.
- It does not have finger print security sensor, but it does have pin locks and pattern locks.
Although, Nokia C1 has certain downsides but nonetheless, given its price range, it is one of the best smart phones to be released in 2017. Nokia’s previous reluctance to come into the new Android OS market and then it’s taking up of Windows platform did not prove to be really good. But with Nokia C1 the company is making a powerful return to the global smart phone market. With its tremendous features, affordable price range, it can be expected that Nokia C1will be a huge success for the company and a sensation in the smart phone industry, and among the smart phone users as well.
For Nokia lovers 2017 is going to be a great year as Nokia is going to launch many devices. But the centre of attraction is Nokia C1. Though, it cannot be said that it is going to be the best, but there is no doubt that it is definitely going to be better from the previous ones. So, if you are planning to buy a new smart phone, better wait for Nokia C1.