An XML sitemap is a file written in XML language that is created for crawlers of search engines to help them index every single page of a website as quickly as possible without the need to handle difficult scripts to get to the new URL. Generating a sitemap on a website will ensure a webmaster that search engines will know about the pages on a website, including URLS that may not be discovered by a normal crawling process. Other helpful functions that a sitemap can give to webmasters are it provides search engines the data about the specific types of contents a site has and that include video, images, mobile, news and software source code.
In today’s post, we are featuring a list of third party tools that enables you to generate a sitemap on your website. Actually, you can create a sitemap manually but in case you really don’t have any knowledge on programming or you just want to make things easy, try to read this List of 20 Free Online XML Sitemap Generator Tools we compiled.
List Of On-Line Site Map Generator Websites:-
1. Sitemapspal – Just enter the URL of your blog or website and click on submit button. Then copy — paste the code in notepad and save as sitemapspal.xml or download it.
2. SitemapDoc — Enter the base URL of your site and click ‘create map’ button. The page will refresh with a list of the pages from your site. Any pages that could not be loaded will be flagged. Uncheck pages you do not want to include.
3. XML-Sitemaps — Enter full website URL and some optional parameters in the web based form. Then press ‘Start’ button and wait until the site is completely crawled. You will see the generated sitemap details page, including number of pages, broken links list, XML file content and link to a compressed sitemap.
4. FreesitemapGenerator — First you need to create an account and add your website. Just enter the homepage url of your website. Whenever you want to generate a sitemap press the make sitemap button on the control panel page.
5. ScriptSocket Sitemap Generator – In web based form: enter website URL, frequency on how often Google spiders visit your pages, set priority, last modified date and then hit the generate button.
DOWNLOADABLE Sitemap Generators:-
6. GSiteCrawler — It helpes you generate Google Sitemap file for your website. This Windows (95,98, ME, 2000, XP, 2003 Server) supported tool is free for download and use.
7. Sorrowman Sitemap Filter — It is a free windows tool for picking/filtering certain URLs off from google sitemap XML files and submitting sitemaps to google.
8. Rage Google Sitemap Automator — (OSX) It allows you to create XML Sitemapfiles that tell search engines all about your website including which pages to index, how often to come back for fresh, new content, and how important each page on your website is.
9. Site Magellan — It is a powerful and free Google sitemap generator and sitemapeditor. Use Site Magellan to quickly create and edit ASP.NET and Google sitemaps.
10. VIGOS Gsitemap — It is a free, easy to use Windows sitemap generator tool to help webmasters and website owners to create, edit and submit sitemapinformation in adherence to the Google Sitemaps protocol.
Bonus: Some PAID downloadable Sitemap generator :-
More Software Include: CoffeeCup Sitemapper and IntelliMapper.
PLUGINS for CMS and other software:-
11. Sitemaps Generator for WordPress — This plugin generates a XML-Sitemapcompliant sitemap of your WordPress blog. This format is supported by Ask.com, Google, YAHOO and MSN Search. Very simple and easy to use.
12. Plugin for Coppermine photogallery — Run this script from your server to create an xml file with info about your site that is then used by search engine crawlers.
13. DreamWeaver plugin — This plugins allows you to generate an xml sitemap of your whole site that you can submit to google for better indexing.
14. Drupal XML Sitemap — It automatically creates a site map that conforms to the sitemaps.org specification. This helps search engines keep their search results up to date.
15. TypepadBot for TypePad Blogs — It creates Google XML format sitemap for your TypePad blogs. Typepadbot uses Atom API to communicate with the blog server, and asks for a list of every single entry in your blog.